Track and field team members collect personal records at meet
The Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns Track and Field team traveled to Gainesville, Florida, from March 30 to April 1 to compete in the Pepsi Florida Relays at the University of Florida.
Some Louisiana athletes set new personal records during the meet. Sophomore distance runner Stanley Limoh finished ninth in the men’s 5,000-meter run with a personal best of 14:34.39. That is the fastest time in the Sun Belt Conference so far this season.
On the final day of competition, the men’s 4-by-800-meter relay finished ninth overall with a time of 7:37.29. The relay was composed of senior Christian Bergeron, sophomore Logan LaGarde, freshman Jean Paul Bergeron and senior Jacob Chicola.
The highest finish for Louisiana was in the men’s high jump.
- Freshman Damon Guidry finished third overall with a 2.05-meter jump.
- Junior distance runner Beau Robinson finished 20th in the men’s 5,000-meter with a personal best of 14:48.92. Junior distance runner Lindsay LaGarde finished 25th in the women’s 5,000-meter run and also record a personal best of 17:50.98.
- Sophomore Richard Delphin finished 13th in the men’s hammer throw, and senior Landon Carroll finished 19th in the same competition.
- Junior Bartul Basic finished 19th in the men’s javelin throw, and sophomore Hunter Stelly finished 28th.
- Senior Matt Rice finished the men’s 1,500-meter run with a time of 3:49.80. He finished 15th overall, but his time was the third fastest in school history.
- Freshman Claire Meyers finished 12th overall in the women’s javelin event with a throw of 139 feet.
- Senior Meredith Driskell finished 13th overall in the women’s pole vault event when she cleared the bar at 12 feet one-and-a-half inches.
The next competition for the Louisiana Track and Field team will be March 8 in Lake Charles at the McNeese Springtime Classic.